May 27, 2009

Go

.

I am solving problems that I identified months ago.

.

.

The last two weeks have been big for Junction Home Services. I created a system for keys using a key cabinet I bought on sale last year, a program called Key Organizer for the Durabook and another called trackIT for the PDA which is a new addition and earning its keep. Keys are assigned labels which are kept track of in the programs, so if by chance a ring gets lost containing keys to a clients property or in the very extreme case that our locked cabinet were broken into, there would be no way of telling which key opened what without the accompanying programs that are password protected. Of course locks are for honest people and security is relative but I feel better with no identifying characteristics on the keys.

.

.

My nephew William blessed us with a server machine to house QuickBooks. It will always remain on and be accessible by Joan and myself at anytime. Previously QuickBooks was housed on my laptop which meant my machine would have to stay on the property for Joan to work in QB while I was away. Now I have more freedom of movement. The server is a great little unit created from scratch by Billy. It has dual Terabyte drives and one is constantly backing up the other. The storage it provides will house the lightroom library taking the place of the Maxtor drive which was screwy and difficult to feel good about. This new unit feels great and relieves much of the stress of losing the companies information. All database programs are now being backed up to drive J. You are awesome, Bill! 

.

.

In others news advanta is closing our business credit card. Fortunately it has been paid off monthly so I can just drop it from the line-up and keep on truckin’ but it hurts to lose the credit in the short run. 

.

No comments: