December 22, 2008

Stop, Look, A Lesson - Part 9

.
The road twists into shadow

.
.
The overall title of this series, “Stop, Look: A lesson” is meant as a reminder to myself to observe what is in front of me and to deduce, by what I see, what is going on below the surface. If I had really had my thinking cap on it probably would have been obvious that a poor job of flashing on the windows would mean other important intersections would also be insufficiently flashed. I admit freely that I was wholly unprepared for what we found at the connection where the roof meets the wall just above one of the dual front doors.

Remember, this house is seven years old.
.













.





This area was attended to in just the nick of time. We had originally told Mrs H that she could probably afford to wait a year or so before doing the job. She, like everyone else, was worried about the financial situation in the country but ultimately decided to go with the re-siding this year. It can clearly be seen she made the right choice. Tackling this corner would have been a much more expensive proposition had the rot gotten deeper into the framing.

.

.

.

No comments: