February 16, 2009

Grand Opening

.
Countdown

.

.

.

It occurred to me that since March 1st, 2010 is our deadline for determining the services we will offer that this would also be a good day to officially open the website.

.

Junctionhomeservices.net (or .com whichever you prefer) is entering into the planning process of our overall business model at a very good time. The website has opened up a range of possibilities that I am really excited about. First of all, it will provide a space for you, the client and I to interact. We can have a password protected area of the site where all of the digital documentation of your home can live. In other words you get your own room and in that room one of the things we will keep is photographs.

.

When a new client came to me through a friend this year one of the first things I did was a photographic walk around of their home, shooting it from every angle as a living document of the time when the building came under my care. I did this initially for myself, to keep in the customers file on my computer but then I began thinking that this type of pictorial once over might be of interest to the customer as well. In fact, for a client who does not live full time in our area it may be something they want to request periodically, after a storm or simply to get an idea of the current condition of their home or to help them plan for an addition. The pictures could be posted in PDF format to the client’s room on the website and the client could access them whenever they wanted from then on.

.

Along with the concept of a photographic walk around came the idea of a walk through interior version. This might be helpful for insurance purposes or during the framing of a home so the homeowner would always have a record of what is inside their walls. (If I build the house this would be included in the price.) Again the possibilities are endless, right down to photographing a home at predetermined intervals and the actual detail desired in the documentation.

.

This is some of what I have been imagining for the website but first it must be built and this will happen slowly over the next 377 days.

.

.

.

2 comments:

Kubinak said...

I'm fascinated by your method, Barry. It's as if your creating a historical document for a preservation society. Or an album of a family's child from conception to the finished creature. And a house is a living being. That is how I always felt in the Schoolhouse. Remember the little girl at the bottom of the stairs that inspired a piece of the first Haunted Schoolhouse?

Barry said...

Hey Phan,

That little girl was Vera, my friend Sergei's daughter. She stood at the boottom of the steps looking up into the darkness saying: "Don't go up there. There is someone up there I don't want you to see." When asked who was up there Vera said: "A lady".

I agree with you about houses being alive.

-b