March 09, 2009

Software Junction

.
.
I took some plunges with software this week that are aimed at making us more efficient and better able to keep an order amidst the chaos of tearing out 70 year old floors and such.
.
I bought Quickbooks Contractor 2009 and Construction Suite Pro Green. These 2 programs integrate the business and financials of running a construction business. They are deep and wide programs that will take me some time to learn so I have given myself permission to take it all a reasonable pace.
.
The Green information included in Construction Suite is a real snapshot of the here and now of the official side of green building.
.
I also added Instant Knowledge base to help us code our photographs and Lightroom to catalog them.
.
Why do all of this at once and incur such expense at such a tricky financial moment?
.
Because I want to start out all of the databases together using the codes and account numbers generated by all of the major players as keywords to help me keep track of things. I am hoping to save myself and my client’s time and money later by investing time and money now.
.
Plus, I think it is an excellent time to stimulate the economy.
.
My posts may a little fewer and farther between on this blog for a bit as I go through the motions of learning how to juggle all of these new balls.
.
All of this and their is a website to design. I am digging the challenge, dear reader.
.
.

3 comments:

Kubinak said...

Thanks for the heads up on any extended absences. I get kind of lonely and wondering if there isn't a new page each day, dear writer.

rocketts said...

"Why do all of this at once and incur such expense at such a tricky financial moment?"
This is my mantra. Like tonight, buying two things of yogurt for the kid, I said, " Why do all of this at once and incur such expense at such a tricky financial moment?"
Wait, is this your business blog?

Barry said...

Well, it is all realtive when it comes to feeding our relatives.

Is this my business blog?

Is this my blog is the question I keep asking myself.

Then I ask myself if that is any of my business.