January 19, 2009

Plan

.
.

.
Whitey Ford had a pretty good time walking on the plan I was trying to photograph. My desire to take quality photos of plans and documents too large to scan was a big part of why I invested in a new camera. I like the fact that we can now store this type of thing electronically and lose the bulky original. I spent a good portion of the recent cold snap reorganizing my filing system to accomodate such storage. My desktop now includes Current and Upcoming sections where folders are stored for each job we are doing. Inside the job folders are dedicated files which cover all aspects of a project. When the project is complete these job specific folders will be moved to the home folder for each customer.
.
Each home folder will include a "Background"folder that can be as extensive as a customer likes.
.
The background folder is broken into three categories: Documents and prints, pictures and a details folder to store information on folks who worked on the house, previous owners and the structures history. Also I have included a testimonial folder for folk's who would like to include sound recordings of their homes oral history. We have the capabilitiy to spontaneously create a very good quality sound recording in the field.
.
Not every homeowner I work with will want to keep a detailed record of their home but for those that do I will continue working on a system which will make it both possible and efficient.
.

.
Whitey Ford, on the other hand, couldn't care less about filing systems or plans.
.
.
.
.

No comments: