January 16, 2009

Truth or Confidence (Best one since you)

.
.
The chainsaw was pinched hard in the tree.
.
Bob had me take a 10' piece of 3” PVC and push up high
.
against the weight which was leaning my way.
.
It was enough to free the saw.
.
(Boy,
.
do
.
I
.
have
.
a lot to learn.)
.
.
I told a customer:
.
"When I am presented with a problem
.
I’ll often spend a good deal of time thinking
.
before I make my first move."
.
I added: "Even still, sometimes I am wrong.”
.
He said:
.
"This
.
does
.
not
.
inspire
.
confidence."
.
.
I own a book called Racing Alone.
.
It is about a man who imagines himself
.
to be his own competition.
.
He cannot win for losing.
.
Still, he reckons
.
he's running a race.
.

Toms father taught him to attack a job.

Tom was pointed towards a task

and expected to succeed.

My teachers have all been second hand.

They come up beside me like

canine companions

and hand me a

helping

of

aye.

.

.

No comments: