September 07, 2009

Quotable Quotes 101

.

Or, things I remember people saying and still think about often.

.

“I see Barry has his armor on today!”– 1986 - Cigdem Onat, a teacher at the NCSA remarking on my propensity for wearing felt hats and big Jackets to class.

.

“Do you have woods?” – 1994 - Yuri Belov, another teacher from NCSA who visited our outdoor theatre in rural Delaware and suggested that we should only work where there were woods. The quote is what he suggested we ask someone who was interested in having us perform at their venue.

.

“Mount Rushmore, now there’s a big idea!” - 1982 - Mark Smith, a friend after hearing someone proclaim that there idea was a really big one.

.

“I love the little Chugger.” – 1996 – Brent Lindsay, a friend in regard to the way the kettle on top of the wood stove would chug as it released steam into the air.

.

“No, it was a king’s wife!” - ? – The owner of a local thrift store. She had been reading a book of Maryland lore and asked me if I knew who the state was named after. I thought for a moment and said “wasn’t it Queen Mary?” She responded the above.

.


.

No comments: