August 19, 2009

Nuclear Family

.

Four people in a hospital room are the closest of relatives. It is the first time they have been alone together in more than a quarter century. There is plenty to say and avoid. 

.
The view outside the window is 4 stories of solid brick wall. 

.
I bring up the pony which get’s my father into trouble. I tell him if he wants to get me back he should bring up the rabbit. 

.
Mom says that we kids got all of our good traits from her and our bad from him. Dad says he believes she might be right. 

.
My sister calls him daddy and I call them Ma’ and Pop respectively embracing my inner Jersey. 

.
For the first time in 35 years there is nothing wrong with this picture. Everything is as it seems. It is a perfect moment and no matter what happens next I will eagerly add this snapshot to my album.

.


No comments: